Thursday, September 2, 2010

What I have learned from Family Tree presentations

During a researched process, I have learned that my family had a root in the north of Vietnam. My grand parents came from Nghe An's province, in country side. They lived in rural life's style, with beautiful farm, many types of crops. Then they gave birth to seven children, my dad is the forth one. During Vietnam war, their lives were very difficult and lived in poverty(didn't have enough foods, hard work, didn't have time study--> had to work). But after Vietnam war, my dad moved to Ho Chi Minh City to worked for the wood factory, he had a lot of experiences during at Ho Chi Minh City. After worked in Ho Chi Minh city for few years, then he moved back to Nghe An's province and worked for another wood factory at Nghe An's province and he met my mom. They married in Nghe An and gave birth to me and my little sister. When I was sixth, my dad and me moved to Ho Chi Minh City and we lived in a house in District 7, then two years later, my mom and my sister moved to Ho Chi Minh City and lived with us too. (I didn't put these information in my presentation because I was afraid that would not have enough time, I'm sorry about that)

Those are very important information because they helped me know how I was created.Every single person is should know and understand their family root. where they come from, and how they moved to the place they are living now. And those information are also affect my life, they make me remembered my identity, my family. So when I was even lived far away, I still remembered my family and meet them every year.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Joe! I totally agree with you about Identity! In order to be confident and aware of our identity, we have to remember the roots of our family. Also, I was interested to know that you've spent six years living in Nghe An. How was the change when you moved to Ho chi Minh City later? Do you prefer to live here, or Nghe An??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job, Joe! I also think that it's important for us to know where we come from. But I wonder why you lived with your dad for a couple of years. Other than that, I think you presentation was excellent and so is your 2 paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you that during the Vietnamese war, people lived in poverty like not having food or hard work. My parents also experience it once too.
    And in paragraph 2, can you explain more about what you mean by "identity".

    ReplyDelete
  4. when I moved to HCM City, I studied in Vietnamese school and I realized that all my classmate had a same ascend, the southern one. So I considered that I had to changed my ascend by copy my friends' accend,I just want too fit in.Now I can speaking two accends, one is Nghe An's and other is Ho Chi Minh City accends.

    I prefer too live in Nghe An, because my hometown in Nghe An's province is in a country sides, it's so beautiful than the city one, Ho Chi Minh City

    ReplyDelete